Contemporary fine art photographer, dark fantasy visionaire and leader of the neo-historical scene worldwide with over 10 years of experience in organising high-end extravaganza events, inspiring people from all over the world to live their dreams.
Viona is a Belgian artist, she studied photography in Antwerp and graduated in 2003. She now lives and works in a sumptuous 19th century hunting lodge, in the depth of the dark forests between Hannover and Berlin, Germany. For the past 10 years, she has been working as a fairytale photographer and fantasy costume designer. Her aim is to draw people into her magical world, where possibilities are only limited by one’s own imagination.
Over this decade, her work has influenced many fans, followers, other photographers, and the fashion industry worldwide, who have watched closely how she transforms her ideas into pictures, costumes and events. Viona’s events have inspired people to organise their own, similar events, in countries including France, United Kingdom, Italy, Brazil, USA and Mexico.
Read a short essay about Viona’s work, by Dana Sawyer, Professor of Religion and Philosophy, Maine College of Art, USA.
- Solo booth at BLOOOM the creative industry art show, 28/10 – 01/11/2010, Cologne, Germany (curated by Yasha Young from Stryhnin Gallery Berlin/NY).
- Fashion Art show at the VIP opening of BLOOOM at ART.FAIR.21 COLOGNE, 28/10/2010, cologne, Germany (curated by Yasha Young from Stryhnin Gallery Berlin/NY).
- Solo show “Sarabande”, 28/06- 11/07/2009, Kasteel van Poeke, Aalter, Belgium.
- Solo show “Wu Ye Sheng Ge”, 31/03/2007, Club Inner Affair, Beijing, China.
- Solo show “Silvanelle”, 26/08 – 26/09 2006, Galerie Lucien Schweitzer, Luxemburg.
- Solo show, 06/05 – 20/05/2006 may 2006, Kapel Cultuurpunt Altena, Kontich, Belgium (my hometown).
- Solo show, 16/02- 24/02 2006, Nieuwe Galerij Pius X, Antwerp, Belgium (curated by Natus Verbaenen).
- Group show, Leipzig in Schwarz, o9/03/2016 – 29/05/2016, Stadtgeschichtliches Museum Leipzig, Germany.
- Group show, Sweet 18 – contemporary art/fashion/design inspired by the 18th. century”, 01/05 – 05/07/2015, Kasteel d’Ursel, Hingene, Belgium.
- See.Me Exposure Awards 2015: The photography presented within this collection was honoured at a private reception at the Louvre Museum, Paris, 13/06/2015.
- Group show,WAK, 23/04 – 01/05/2011 Villa Snoeck, Aalter, Belgium.
- Duo show with Danielle Goffa “ Expo Boudoir”, 19/11 – 12/12/2010, Galerie Hangar 311, Mechelen, Belgium.
- Group show “Dark skies over Sint Andries”, 2007, coStA, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Graduation group show “LOCO 03”, 06/2003, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Group show at the 1st edition of International Witchfest Europe, Zuiderpershuis, Antwerpen, Belgium.
- Group show at Kunstprijs Lint 2003, winner young talent, OC De Witte Merel, Belgium.
- Duo show with Paul ielegems, “Ontmaskerd”, 20/02 – 25/02/2003, cultural centre Kontich, Belgium (my hometown).
Adobe User Group (Belgium) – Anne Zellien (Belgium) – Baba Studio (Czech Republic) – Benjamin Pollock’s Toyshop (UK) – BLOOOM at Art Fair Cologne (Germany) – Brigitte Minne (Belgium) – Concept S (Belgium) – Corset Story (UK) – Create Agency (NL) – Daan De Decker (Belgium) – Dr. van der Hoog (Netherlands) – Finale (Belgium) – Flame Tree Publishing (UK) – Galerie Lucien Schweitzer (Luxemburg) – Gemeinde Rogätz (Germany) – Gleijm & van der Waart (Netherlands) – Hangar 311 (Belgium) – Infantium Victoria (Germany) – Janez Detd (Belgium) – JPC Collection (Belgium) – Kasteel d’Ursel (Belgium) – Kasteel Van Gaasbeek (Belgium) – Little Miss Robot (Belgium) – Maze Films (USA) – Museum M (Belgium) – Qntal (Germany) – The Cast (Belgium) – Trevillion Images (UK) – Uitgeverij Schors (Netherlands) – WGT (Germany) – Who Killed Joe (Belgium) – ZOO Antwerpen (Belgium)
INTERVIEWS / ARTICLES
Algemeen Dagblad (Netherlands) – Automax Magazine (Belgium) – Astan Magazin (Germany) – BILD (Germany) – BG Magazine (Ecuador) – Bliss Magazine (Belgium) – Bruid & Bruidegom (Belgium) – Cobra TV (Belgium) – Een (Belgie) – DANS Magazine (Netherlands) – Dark Spy Magazine (Germany) – De Standaard (Belgium) – Digital Photo (Germany) – Elf Fantasy Guide (Netherlands) – Faerie Magazine (USA) – Fiend (Australia) – Galo Magazine (USA) – Gazet van Antwerpen (Belgium) – Glam Couture Magazine (USA) – Gothic Beauty Magazine (UK) – Gothic Lifestyle Magazine (Germany) – Gothic Magazine (Germany) – Gothic Lolita Bible (Japan) – Het Laatste Nieuws (Belgium) – Het Nieuwsblad (Belium) – Kera Magazine (Japan) – Karaat Magazine (Belgium) – Karfunkel (Germany) – Knack Weekend (Belgium) – Le Quotidien (Luxemburg) – Libelle (Belgium) – Loving You (Belgium) – MDR (Germany) – Kasteel van Gaasbeek (Belgium) – PAF Magazine (Denmark) – Photo Vogue (Italy) – Renaissance Magazine (USA) – Spectrum Fantastic Art (USA) – UIT magazine (Belgium) – Uitgeverij Schors (Netherlands) – Unscene Magazine (UK) – Touring Magazine (Belgium) – Volksstimme (Germany) – Zoom Magazine (Belgium)
Click here to see some of the costume designs and stylings I have created over the past years for photo shoots, events and movie productions.
ART DIRECTION / EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Gala Nocturna: 10 editions (2006 – 2016)The world’s most famous dark historic masked costume ball, with visitors from all over Europe. (Amuz Augustinus Kerk, Antwerpen, Marmeren Zaal, Verlat Zaal en Wintertuin Zoo Antwerpen, Concert Noble, Brussels and Thagaste Augustijnenklooster, Ghent, Belgium)
- Danse Macabre: 5 editions (2010 – 2015)
The most exclusive Noble Blood vampire ball in the world. (Monasterium, Ghent, Belgium and Schloss Heinrichshorst, Rogätz, Germany)
- Black October Fest (2015)
(Schloss Heinrichshorst, Rogätz, Germany).
- Viona’s Victorian Village (2015)
(Panometer, Leipzig, Germany)
- Viona’s Victorian Picnic: 7 editions (2008 – 2014)
Attracting over 2.000 costumed guests (Leipzig, Germany)
- Belle Epoque picnic ZOO Antwerpen: 3 editions (2013 – 2015)
In collaboration with ZOO Antwerpen, Belgium (8.000 visitors)
- Victorian Fright Night, Grimm Halloween and Victorian Freak Circus (2009 – 2011)
Fabulous historically inspired Halloween events in collaboration with Kasteel van Gaasbeek, Belgium (5.000 visitors).
- Sarabande: 2 editions (2009 – 2010)
Baroque masked balls. (Kasteel van Poeke, Belgium)
- Zirkus Ravenstein (2008)
Exotic dance and music circus, during Gentse Feesten (Ghent, Belgium)